Saturday, November 10, 2012

Exquisite Corpse

These are a few drawings that have come out an exquisite corpse exercise I do in my Creative Abandon classes. The first three came out of a class I did Thursday night at the Fountain House, a community program for men and women with mental illness and the last drawing is from one of the classes that I did in Tribeca during the summer.


It's really exciting for me to watch these drawings happen and also to see people's surprise and delight when the drawing is completed and  displayed  


The process of the exquisite corpse allows for freedom as it outsmarts that inner critic who is always judging our marks on the paper and on the world.  


Since no one person is the author, the drawing creates itself without any planning, goal or control. Thinking and self-judegement are put aside and the imagination is allowed to open.


There is only play and the magic of each person's inner flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment