Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eerie Day



Today was strange, eerie, surreal and unnerving.  Not because of anything in the real world, but because of a couple of shows I saw.  One was of the photographer Ralph Eugene Meatyard and the other was of the painter Dominico Gnoli.  There is probably plenty to say about the work of these artists, but they are also the kind of artists whose work can do just as well without people trying to explain what the paintings and photographs mean or how they were made.  I was reflecting today on the performance Jorge and I did this past week and was bemoaning having to write about it at some point for an application or my website.  But, after seeing these show today, I think it will be fine to just let the images speak for themselves. So, on that note, here are some images from today:

Ralph Eugene Meatyard at Peter Freeman Gallery







Domenico Gnoli at Luxembourg & Dayan




 Domenico Gnoli with Black Hair, s'Estaca, Valldemossa, Mallorca, Spain, Summer 1969

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photos- makes me want to get out and see a show. Will do so as soon as the weather cools off :)

    ReplyDelete