Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Drawing

I just wanted to share the link to my new drawing blog  Drawing Soma
http://drawingsoma.blogspot.com/



I had a blog for a number of months with my friend Yvonne where I posted  drawings and she posted her poetry everyday. It was a great experience, but eventually we each got involved in other projects and stopped posting. I got back to video and thought I didn't really need to keep drawing.  I feel safe thinking of myself as an artist who works with video and performance, but some part of me thinks I don't have a right to draw because I never studied it, which is funny because I never studied video or performance either and I do that.  I think this was just my mind playing the same old doubt-games and keeping me from freely doing what I love. Well, not this time!



I really missed drawing and not only that, the rest of my life started getting kind of messy without it.  Once I reestablished a daily drawing routine, I started to feel more grounded, centered and the rest of my work began to flourish again. Posting the drawings on a blog and making this process available to other people  also seems to be important to me, so here you go...



No comments:

Post a Comment